NextStep’s February Update
As mentioned in last month’s update — we’re building in the open these days. Excited to share this month’s NextStep update!
- Our Career Planning Pilot with KIPP Charter schools kicks off this month! Future revenue partnerships to be modeled off of this one.
- We have onboarded users and coaches to our new platform.
- We’re applying to 2+ grants this month: Black Ambition and Women Start-up Callenge.
Asks and shout-outs 🙋
- Shout-out to our social media intern, Lauren Archambeau, for designing our new and improved website and branding
- We are kicking off a formal partnerships initiative. Looking for introductions to (1) HR or DEI representatives at mid to large enterprises, (2) companies/organizations dedicated to improving outcomes for underrepresented communities, or (3) career advisors at colleges and universities.
- We’re looking to raise capital through grants and pitch competitions. If you see any come across for education, career development, or for women-owned or minority-owned, please pass those along!
- Our last Baking with Erin, “Your first 30 days,” got the most engagement yet (if you missed it, check it out here). Also, Erin baked this tart.
- We have now built a blog pipeline to release every other week. Check out our latest one: Diversity in the Workplace: 4 Signs That Your Company is Fully on Board.
- Those who received coaching gift cards have been matched and are meeting with their coaches!
- We have spoken to three corporate partners in the last three months. We have noticed that at larger organizations, integrating NextStep takes longer and needs more sign-off.
- We have started to see our sticker price be a hurdle for some potential users. We have begun working on implementing payment plans and defining our value prop.
- A focus on partnerships: We have developed a partnership strategy to help increase brand awareness (through email campaigns and affiliate marketing ) and user acquisition (through corporate and school workshops and coaching partnerships).
- Our new podcast: NextStep is launching a podcast, “Informal Education.” We are interviewing BIPOC and women of all ages who can offer advice or insight to these 20-somethings on topics ranging from contract negotiation to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Keep an eye out for our first episode this month!
- Our blog: The NextStep team has started to publish our thoughts on critical, career-related topics. We are jotting down our experiences and providing insights that can help our users and communities. Over time, our blog will be a fundamental piece of our SEO strategy and top-of-the-funnel user acquisition strategy. Check them out here.
‘Til the next 10th,
NextStep Founder & CEO