NextStep’s May Update
New partnerships for the win. After four months of discussions, we’ve kicked off work for the biggest partnership yet, New Voices Foundation. NextStep will be building a career education/internship program for New Voices portfolio companies and corporate partners. This will include coaching, programming, and resources for interns, portfolio companies, and corporate partners.
New Voices has a venture arm and a non-profit arm. They offer women of color entrepreneurs unprecedented access, capital, and expertise to build, grow and scale their businesses with purpose.
Asks and shout-outs 🙋
- Looking for introductions to seed-stage VCs and investors to practice our pitch, HR or DEI representatives at mid to large enterprises, and career advisors at colleges and universities.
- Shout out to Dr. Danica Burge-Garside, a NextStep coach who specializes in performance coaching, for leading our April Sips & Tips and writing the introduction to this month's newsletter. In both, she shared how to build an athlete's mindset to meet our job and career goals. Book a session with her here?
- We added a new job search and resume coach, Carly Keller. Carly has reviewed over 1K resumes and is finishing her master’s degree in I/O Psychology.
- We’ve released all six episodes of Informal Education for season one covering negotiation, values, and DEI from people who are successful but relatable. Can’t wait to share users and coach stories next season.
- The New Voices partnership will get us to 60% of our revenue goal for 2021. Additionally, we added three more corporate partnerships in the pipeline that will address another 20% of our revenue goal for 2021.
- We’ve built slow and steady traction, but now it’s time to scale. Being hard to find on google and relying on virtual events and interactions, our team is thinking of creative ways to increase brand awareness.
’Til the next 10th,
Looking for a new job or promotion? Sign-up to meet with a NextStep career coach today.
NextStep matches you with coaches & tools to make your next career step easier — from exploring options to interview prep.